✓ Last verified working: June 2026
Page 2 of 2
Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2026 4:29 am
by p4A4P
+1 You could also check if Secure Boot is enabled in your BIOS, as that's another common blocker. Another option is to use the official Microsoft PC Health Check app to see exactly what's failing.
Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2026 2:47 am
by yowi57
This. I had the same problem with an older CPU. The Health Check app confirmed it was unsupported, so I had to stick with Windows 10.
Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2026 2:17 pm
by uRuUAb
Can confirm. Yeah, that CPU is just off the list, so you might want to check if your motherboard supports a cheap upgrade to an 8th or 9th gen chip.
Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2026 4:06 pm
by erGvz
Also, have you double-checked that TPM 2.0 is enabled in your BIOS?
Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2026 8:21 pm
by ib9092599
Yeah, that CPU is definitely the blocker. Also, have you double-checked that TPM 2.0 is enabled in your BIOS? A quick tip: Microsoft's official PC Health Check app will usually tell you exactly which requirement is failing.
Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2026 11:30 pm
by ckmk4156313
This. I had the same problem with an older CPU. The PC Health Check app confirmed it, and I just decided to stick with Windows 10 for now.
Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2026 1:20 am
by 366psas
Yeah, I had the same problem. It's frustrating, but that CPU just isn't on Microsoft's supported list, so you're stuck unless you want to try some unofficial workarounds.
Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2026 2:44 am
by rxnx337165
This. I had the same problem with an older i5. Ended up just sticking with Windows 10 for that machine. Let me know if that works.
Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2026 4:32 am
by KGkqFFydo
This. Yeah, same boat here. A quick tip: if you're determined, you can try the registry workaround, but it's not officially supported.
Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2026 12:16 pm
by vdwBOF8vY
Have you checked if TPM 2.0 is enabled in your BIOS?